Manual Lymph Drainage
Finola has trained and qualified under the Dr Vodder School of Manual Lymph Drainage (M.L.D.). Manual Lymph Drainage is a specialised therapy which improves the function of the lymphatic system and in turn enhances the immune system. Gentle, specific movements of the skin stimulate the lymphatic vessels resulting in a greater amount of metabolic waste products and excess fluid being removed from the tissue, via the lymphatic system for elimination.
Conditions for which MLD therapy is helpful include: cellulite, arthritis, acne, sinusitis and acne rosacea. MLD also helps the healing of burns and wounds whilst it can also improve the appearance of new and old scars.
Other conditions for which MLD therapy is helpful include;
- Post-traumatic and Post-operative Oedema
- Treatment of Leg Ulcers
- Assists in conditions arising from Venous Insufficiency
- Accelerates healing of broken bones, torn ligaments and sprains
- Conditions associated with Stroke
- Many female conditions such as PMT and pregnancy related swelling
- It has a relaxing and calming effect which can help to improve the quality of sleep, relieve constipation and aid digestion.
Manual Lymph Drainage is a therapy that may be claimed back on insurance